We do this by being creative problem solvers, having in-depth knowledge of the relevant technologies and business markets, and leveraging extensive expertise in all aspects of patent law, including prosecution, litigation and strategic counseling.
We prosecute patents for companies large and small and provide strategic patent-related advice in many high-technology fields, including:
- Software, analytics, and network management
- Web and ecommerce functionality, including search, advertising, and communication protocols
- Video distribution, including electronic program guides
- Computerized medical devices
- Financial and insurance products
We also work on some of the most cutting-edge cases in the fields of software, telecommunications and the Internet, and litigate all over the country, including, by way of just a few examples:
- We represented the two largest companies in the fields of web and ad analytics to successfully enforce a seminal portfolio of patents against infringers in a series of cases over a period of 10 years
- We represented an industry-leading network management software company to successfully defend against claims of infringement in several cases, with successful results, followed shortly thereafter by a lucrative acquisition
- We represented the cable industry in defending itself from patent infringement allegations, including some asserted by telcos and non-practicing entities
We bring all of our expertise prosecuting and litigating patents, and our unmatched technical knowledge, to bear in evaluating patent portfolios. We are able to identify valuable patent assets and even assign monetary value to them, in relatively short order. We also can assess the risk represented by third-party patent portfolios. We have developed our own proprietary patent portfolio assessment software to assist us in these otherwise time-intensive tasks.
For more information regarding the firm's Patent Practice, please contact Seth Ostrow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 682-9013.